Random Word

Monday, November 2, 2009

3:10 to Youmacon

Alright everyone, Youmacon 2009 was amazing.

Right now, however, I haven't got any pictures. My camera wouldn't function for a single one of the three fun-filled days I spent at the convention, so I'm waiting for my accomplice to upload them to the net for me. Until then, I can tell you a little bit about my experience at the con:

So, this was my first convention, so I'm not going to be the best judge of the size or quality compared to others, but I had a simply fabulous time. The dealer room was stocked with various goodies for my purchasing pleasure, and the panels looked interesting (I missed pretty much every one due to my scheduling retardation), but the coolest part for me was the live musical performances and, of course, Potter Puppet Pals LIVE. I got Neil Cicierega's autograph, and took a photo with him and the puppets.

Also of note, the steampunk party held in the con suite. This was were I heard about the World Steam Expo 2010, held at the same hotel. So I signed up! Anyone else attending, feel free to comment! I really can't wait for Memorial Day weekend!

So yeah, that was pretty much it. An exciting weekend, and one helluva convention! Michiganites really know how to party it up otaku-style!

As an aside, I would like to caution you, dear readers, against visiting Detroit. Ever. The city is a filthy, disgusting little stain smeared across an otherwise beautiful state. The people are gruff and unfriendly, the air is foul, and I'm almost certain you'll be robbed. Seriously, take pains to avoid that god forsaken place.

One last quick question for anyone who actually pays attention to my blog: what did you think of the first vlog entry? Should I make more? I've been receiving a great deal of negative feedback from my YouTube subscribers, who apparently hate the vlog, so I'm interested in hearing your opinion(s). I would appreciate the input of my reader(s).

2 comments:

  1. Vlog? Sure.
    Just realized I won't be able to go to Steam-Con because I'll be going to ACEN.

    ReplyDelete

Take a deep breath; think about what you are going to type. When you're done typing, click "post comment." Free your mind of stress and your body of unwanted tension as your post is read by others. You are at one with the Internet.