Random Word

Monday, September 14, 2009

New Pet! Introducing... Doodle!

HEY EVERYBODY! I HAVE A NEW PET!



That's right! He's a cute little fishy named Doodle! He was a free gift from some Christian ministry group or something... there was an involvement fair type thing at the student center yesterday showing off all the different clubs at DePaul... which means lots of free handouts, so of course I was there! I never expected to see free fish, though. Very odd. Of course, I realized quickly that the little fella only had about 2 hours before it was curtains (I heard that's how long they last in the bag) so I pretty much ran to the nearest Petco. The nearest Petco was 3 miles away, not including the time spent getting lost, so I was pretty exhausted. After purchasing the necessary materials, I found the nearest El station, got back to my dorm, and, seeing that Doodle was still alive and well, established a permanent residence for my new pal.

He was a little shy and nervous at first (not to mention malnourished) but now he's swimming around and eating like a happy little fishy! I'm just glad I can give him a good home... I don't know what happened to all the other fish, but I can't imagine many of them fell into the right hands... and I'd rather not imagine what has become of the leftover fish. Maybe they got released into a pond or something to be eaten by local predators or die of starvation. But, I digress: Doodle is now safe and sound in his new tank, and it looks like he may have gained a little weight! (I overfed him yesterday, but it looks like he's doing fine now.)

Extra credit if you can figure out why I named him Doodle. Hint: "The Scarlet Ibis." Oh, and I got a Bible from the club, too. So far, the fish has proven more useful. I think I'm going to thumb through it and highlight the funny parts.

Doodle's new tank. Just thought you'd all like to know

2 comments:

  1. Doodle was the name of the kid that died who was all weak n shit.
    At least you got a pet and didn't have to take my dog and call him a turtle. I was rubbing his belly and he put his paw in his mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally should have done that. Pal would have made the best turtle ever!

    ReplyDelete

Take a deep breath; think about what you are going to type. When you're done typing, click "post comment." Free your mind of stress and your body of unwanted tension as your post is read by others. You are at one with the Internet.