Random Word

Monday, October 5, 2009

On Not Having Posted In Awhile

Hungarian Minor Scale!

So I had a bit of a jarring experience today. First of all, I'd like to apologize for my infrequent posting. I've been lazy. Or, rather, lazier than usual. Anyway, now that I put that out there, I would like to relay my jarring experience:

I've come to the realization that people actually read this blog. This conclusion was drawn as a result of a previous post, my Steampunk DnD in the Classroom caught the attention of Mr. Marcus Rowland, the creator of Forgotten Futures (if that name isn't ringing a bell, read the original post). A pleasant surprise indeed! I'm shocked that my humble blog is receiving such attention!

I suppose before this revelation I was under the impression that no one would ever find my blog; that it was a little haven where I could post clever witticisms, day-to-day observations, current events, and of course the occasional critique without censoring myself like I do on Facebook. I saw the truly menial, ridiculous tidbits for Twitter, but the interesting stuff goes on the Destruct-O-Blog.

I don't know where I'm going with this. I guess it's cool that I'm broadcasting myself, it makes me feel all warm inside.

That's really all I have to report. I haven't been posting primarily for a lack of content to post... I mean, I could tell you about the Streetlight Manifesto concert, or how I've been experimenting with Hungarian minor scales in my improvisation, or how director Stan Brakhage has produced some of the most awful, pretentious, boring films in the entire history of film making. But that would only bore you, the viewer.

Besides, if I feel like what I have to say isn't worth saying on the internet, then it isn't worth saying. This blog is, first and foremost, me running off at the mouth: if I'm not in the mood to say anything, then the blog goes silent.

I don't know. Maybe I just need to write more often. It isn't as though my life is less interesting than when I started the blog, I've simply stopped noticing.

Oh, and I don't think I'm going to finish Vertigo. I just can't bring myself to do it! Gluuuuuh!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the attention! I wish someone important would comment on my blog. T_T

    ReplyDelete

Take a deep breath; think about what you are going to type. When you're done typing, click "post comment." Free your mind of stress and your body of unwanted tension as your post is read by others. You are at one with the Internet.